Tuesday, April 30, 2013

dandenong ranges // up close


Before we went on our walk through the Dandenon Ranges, we had to give in to a touristic temptation - feeding the local cockatoos at the Grant Picnic Ground. I love the native birds of Australia and my hearts jumps everytime I see one of the colourful and chirpy birds around.

For 4 AUD I bought a tray filled with yummy seeds for the birds and off we went! It didnt take long and we had cockatoos sitting on the tray, on our arms and shoulders, taking off and landing as they pleased. Ready, set, photoshoot.



Standing outside the feeding area, observing the fellow tourist and their attempts to get rid of sneaky birds on the bodyparts was hilarious!! Full trays were dropped with a big BANG regularly, causing everybody to almost die of a heartattack - including the birds!

Oh, and just on a sidenote, I was trying to snap a picture of a cockatoo flying (you know what I mean: flying bird: sharp, backgorund: blurred) - not really successfully but I do love the last shot with all its blurryness!

Have a great week
*Kristina

8 comments:

  1. I like the last shot too!

    You wouldn't catch me in there --- far too scared of birds :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! the thing with touristy stuff is that they're usually so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them too! Ich vermisse diese Vögel echt, vorallem die frechen Loris und die rosa-grauen Kakadus und die Pelikane... Schade gibt es die in der Schweiz nicht in der freien Wildbahn. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for visiting my blog. :) You're place is amazing, I wish I could travel as much as you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to love feeding the birds on our back balcony whenever we went on holidays to a secluded spot - so special being up close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! What an awesome experience to have such unique an exotic birds crawlin' up and down your arm! I'm a little jealous:)
    Tessa Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the cockatoos, too!

    (Except a read in a book about a flock of them attacking a woman, ripping her apart, and ultimately killing her. It was fiction so I'm not sure if that can actually happen, but I'm too freaked out to check. I don't want it to be tue!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails