Thursday, March 21, 2013

12 apostles on fire



Two weeks ago we had a long weekend here in Victoria and we decided to go on a roadtrip along the Great Ocean Road once again. It is such a beautiful drive, however it is really curvy so in case you easily get sick, prepare accordingly. We camped at Cape Otway underneath koala bears (pictures to come soon), we went surfing and drove all the way to the 12 Apostles one night for the sunset.



The whole day had been greyish and gloomy - so I was not very positive about the sunset that night. However, it did pay off that we drove all the way out there - the misty fog was coming in from the open ocean, the sky turned red, and than it turned even more red, purple, pink, you name it. And than it looked like being on fire. Believe me the viewing platform was a madhouse - fellow photographers running around on the quest for the best light.



For the final moment before the sun set, I put my camera away, held on to my boyfriend and just watched the sun drop behind the horizon. It's important to also cherish beauty not only through your viewfinder but with your eyes, mind and heart wide open.

///

With Google Reader soon to be gone, please remember you can also follow my blog on Bloglovin. I have started to follow my favorite blogs over there and I really like the look & fell of the site.
Hope to see you there!! *K

20 comments:

  1. Wow! You really got a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely breathtaking. and captured so well. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that looks simply incredible! How beautiful! Awesome photos :)

    Cotton Candy Stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderwunderschön. Ich habe die 12 apostles noch gesehen, bevor einer der Felsen eingestürzt ist. Würde das so gerne nochmal sehen. Liebe Grüße, Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danke für deine lieben Kommentare!

    Ich bin ja richtig sprachlos von den Fotos... Das sieht ja traumhaft aus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza! Those photos are stunning - must have been an amazing spot to watch the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing so pretty, I miss the beach

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unglaublich! Wie grandios ist das denn? Tief durchatmen...
    Was für ein Augenblick. Ich hätte geheult wie ein Schlosshund vor Rührung über diesen großartigen Anblick.

    Herzlich, Katja

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is absolutely stunning! You really caught the golden hour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Das ist ja unglaublich! Was für ein - wörtlich - atemberaubender Anblick und Moment. Wunderwunderschön.

    Herzlich, Katja
    (die grade schonmal einen Kommentar geschrieben hat, aber der ist irgendwie verschollen)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tears are running, so beautiful... and yes - looking with eyes, mind and heart, wide open... - have a nice weekend - Ghislana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what for beautiful pictures!
    Warm regards
    ANNi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hach, die Bilder sind einfach ein Traum. *___*
    Du warst wirklich zur richtigen Zeit am richtigen Ort.

    Liebe Grüße
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your pics on the twelve apostles. One of my favourite spots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning imagery, Kristina!!!
    Good on your for putting your camera away for the final moments...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Bring on the koala bear pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore The Great Ocean Road. I have many wonderful childhood holiday memories in this area. I'm looking forward to getting back there with my husband who has never been there as he wasn't born in Australia - much to show him! Just stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't get this post or these pictures out of my head. I was down at the apostles just this weekend and whilst the sunset was no where near as beautiful as this, there is still such a feeling of peace and calm and all that has gone before that washed over me there. This post was a big part of why I so badly wanted to return to them so thank you (and I hope you don't mind I've linked to this post as my inspiration)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails