Monday, November 19, 2012

// weekend stories // 46 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:



Sunday marked the day my 7-day detox was (finally) over!! I did it! No cheating at all!
For the last 7 days I was not eating any meat, diary, wheat, rye, coffein and alcohol - so basically only fruits, veggies, eggs, oats, beans, quinoa, fish and brown rice. I have never done a detox before, so I was quite surprised that I actually felt terrible the first couple of days - this is called the detox flu! The body is getting rid of all the toxins in the organs and most of the time the system can't handle it so headaches, bodyaches and digestive problems occur. After that I felt better but still tired. I blame it on the low blood sugar level! Now I am back to normal diet, but I definitely pay more attention to what I eat. This might be the biggest lesson I learned from detoxing - to be more aware of ingredients and what some of them might do to my health!

So in order to eat more healthy, organic and local I visited a new (to me) pop-up organic market in my neighborhood. Its called Marketto and its a tiny market in the courtyard of the salon Sweet Caroline. You'll find all types of veggies, fruits, eggs, organic lamb and honey. Plus a smoothie bar, yummy organic bread and pastries and a sweet guy playing some live music!

Worth checking out, it operates the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month at 40 Caroline Street in South Yarra. Go and support!

Hope you had a nice weekend, what were you  up to? *K

10 comments:

  1. Well done you!!
    As I'm on a gluten-free diet for the last 18 months + went almost completely vegan the last year (I eat fresh fist once in a while) I'm actually on a detox diet all year around :)
    I do have coffee and alcohol though.
    I feel so good and can't imagine going back to eating dairy and meat anymore, BUT, I did it very and slowly and gradually over 2 years. I reckon that doing a detox week and cutting all the food you're used to eat over night must be really hard.

    Hope you got your coffee fix this morning and have your energy back!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the detox! I have yet to do one but it sounds interesting!

    My weekend was great - a little bit of relaxation, the new Bond movie and a nice dinner out with my husband, long walks and hot lattes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my last w/e pics would be so boring compared to this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing your detox... that is no easy feat!

    Love the photos from the market - colorful fresh produce makes my heart happy :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. So well done! Huge congrats on finishing your detox! Btw: organic markets are the best. Love those photos, sweetie. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on doing the detox! I did an elimination diet for 10 weeks this year and it was hard! I haven't heard of these markets - they look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the sweet sweet write up about Marketto! :) We loooooove being in South Yarra and we can help with all your organic & detox needs ;) https://www.facebook.com/marketto40 Thanks, Dori!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your photos are Stunning!!! What a lovely blog you have, love it!!!
    Cheers!
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wie lecker frisch knackig grün! sehr einladend ;)

    liebe grüße . tabea

    ReplyDelete
  10. es gibt (fast) nichts schöneres als am wochenende über einen markt zu streunern. flohmärkte eingeschlossen ;)

    und zum thema essen: ich bin seit 17 jahren vegetarier. "essen" ist es immer wert, sich damit auseinanderzusetzen.

    alles liebe, y*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails