Sunday, November 11, 2012

// weekend stories // 45 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:



Have you ever been to a horse race? I haven't but I guess at some point it is the right time to try everything, right? On Saturday I went to the Emirates Stakes Day, the last racing day of Melbourne Spring Carnival - a full week filled with races, bets, hats and glamour, all happening at the famous race track in Flemington. It is THE week in Melbourne and we even had a public holiday last Tuesday for the most famous race days of all - the Melbourne Cup Day.

We had a great day out with sunshine, champagne and a delicious picnic. Oh yes and there were a couple of races going on as well. I bet on a horse with the wonderful name of Snitzerland (I thought the mixture of Switzerland and Schnitzel is definitely a winner name!!) - it was in lead when they were passing us on the track but in the end I did not win a penny. Well, next time.

Today we started our detox week - and I have to admit that I do not feel good at all. My head is about to explode and my body hurts, not sure if this is already the infamous detox flue or the result of drinking too much champagne yesterday...

Hope you had a nice weekend, what were you  up to? *K

8 comments:

  1. I've never been to the races but I'd love to do it at least once! I think it would be a neat way to spend the day!

    Good luck with the detox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh nice! i've never been to a horse race, but since i saw a really awesome on on gossi girl i always wanted to go! i'm sure it was really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wie aufregend! Da wär ich nur zu gern dabei gewesen, sieht nach Spaß aus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich will auch Sonne :-)
    Pech im Spiel, ....

    LG
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaja. in Bern ist immer wieder was los ..... aber hier bei dir in Australien ja wohl auch ;-)
    Liebgruss, mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have always wanted to go to one of those, these pics are so fun! i love your hats :) :) good luck with detox, i'm think the feeling might be the champagne ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and your fascinator looks amazing on you, sweetie! Have a great day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a really fun day! I've never been to the races at Flemington but it's funny how big a part of Melbourne life they are. Love the colour of your dress as well - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails