Monday, October 8, 2012

// weekend stories // 40 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:



I arrived tired but well in Johannesburg on Wednesday night and have been blessed with blue sky and temperatures around 30 degree since. So nice!!! The store (aka construction site) is looking good and there were no big dramas up to now (lets cross fingers that it will stay like that).

Yesterday I hung out at the pool, enjoying the sunshine, sipping Moijtos, reading my book (currently reading The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and I'm quite hooked!). Today I met with an old friend of mine and went out to explore the city of Johannesburg a bit more. We went to the city centre - a place off-limits and known for its high crime rates a few years back, now being upgraded and urbanized by galleries, art projects, restaurants and markets. We visited the Maboneng Precinct and a really cool market, which was set in an old warehouse. Afterwards we had some drinks at Mojo overlooking the Zoo Lake and enjoying the sunset.

Tomorrow I am back on the construction site. Looking forward to fly to Cape Town on Wednesday for 4 days, before coming back to Jburg and prepare for handover of the store to the store team.

Have a lovely week, *K

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a good weekend! The first couple of photos definitely radiate relaxation. I wish things have been just as un-stressful here, haha! I think my favorite image here is the one where the three chairs are crammed into the corner of the frame. It's the framing that makes it my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was für ein tolles Wochenende.
    Schicke dir neidvolle Grüße nach Jo'burg!

    LG
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pool looks like a fantastic place to spend an afternoon!

    Glad you are able to get out and explore J-burg a bit more this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! sommer im herbst...summer in autum! wundervoll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I could do with some blue skies and warmth, I'll be living vicariously through your adventures I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vielen herzlichen Dank für die Glückwünsche, hat mich sehr gefreut!
    Und einen schönen Blog hast du :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, weißt du, wie neidisch ich grad bin? :) Das sieht ja traumhaft aus! Und ich muss auch gleich mal schauen, was du so zur Provence schreibst. Habe da früher viel Zeit verbracht und den Mont Ventoux mag ich ganz besonders.
    Liebe Grüße!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great time I have been there once as a kid, around 9 years old. I have very fond memories of that trip to South Africa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails