Friday, October 26, 2012

on my mind today - memories of switzerland

Almost one year ago we left Switzerland, packed our stuff, jumped on a 24-hour flight to the other side of the world and arrived in Australia. One year.

Gosh, can somebody please stop the time - its running by so fast!!

I have no regrets for our decision to leave Switzerland, even though I am missing my friends dearly and it was really nice to be so close to my family in Germany. We spent four wonderful years in Bern and I am looking forward to return when the time is right.

One thing I do really miss though are the mountains!! We used to live a 30-minute car drive away from the Bernese Alps - which are breathtaking, beautiful and so very special!
 


Taking hikes in the summer, speechless by all the beauty and the vistas.
I still can hear the ringing of the cowbells!!



Bern is a beautiful town, sometimes it feels to small and countryside-ish, but most of the time it is walking like through a fairytale. And swimming in the river Aare (which is crystal blue and really cold!) in summer is pure bliss!



And wintertime? Simply magic! No matter if you ski, snowboard or sit in front of the fire!

I try to live in here and now, but I think it is allowed to reminisce in the beautiful past as well from time to time, right? I am not homesick, but I do look forward to return to this wonderful place one day in the future!

My most favorite post about my life in Switzerland: Hiking in Wengen / Lac Leman / Walking through Bern / Winterwonderland / Lucerne / The valleys of Ticino

Have a nice Friday and a great weekend! *K

12 comments:

  1. I visited my cousin in Switzerland back in 2009 and it was absolutely the most beautiful place I've ever been in my life!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, it is definitely like a fairytale!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My aunt is from Bern. She moved to Italy more than twenty years ago but she still owns a house there. She's told me countless times I could use it whenever I want but every time I try to organise the journey there is a slight hitch! Looking at your photos makes me want to go more than ever! A great weekend to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big winter/snow fan but you make it look so beautiful and charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah-ooh, mein Herz hüpft bei den Winterbildern, ich liebe ja Winter und Schnee so (was leider immer gar keiner verstehen mag - das einzig Blöde an Berlin. ;)
    Und ja, schön beschrieben: Erinnern ist immer erlaubt, Zukunftspläne auch, wenn beides darüber nicht die Gegenwart verblassen lässt. :)
    LG /inka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! it looks stunning and makes it seem unsurprising that you miss it. I think the changing of seasons always makes us a little wistful. When your time finishes in Melbourne, do you think you will move back to Bern or elsewhere? (I know it's a long way away so maybe hard to answer).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a beautiful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ughhhhh wanna go back to travelling now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last photo is awesome. I love when the trees look like that.

    ...and your posts from Cape Town brought back such great memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails