Thursday, September 27, 2012

{ love for vintage } mill markets geelong

I have found another paradise for lovers of all things vintage: the Mill Markets in North Geelong!

We were on our way from the big smoke to the fresh ocean air of Queenscliff, when we drove past signs for the Mill Market right after entering the coastal town of Geelong (kind of the industrial sister of Melbourne down the Port Phillip Bay).

We drove past a few abandoned warehouses and factories, to then park infront of the old Federal Wollen Mills. The old factory is now home to the Mill Markets, spread over two different buildings.
Other then the Vintage Shed in Tyabb and the Wholesale Antique Center in Glen Waverley, this place specializes on selling old industrial equipment, furniture and other treasures.



I clearly have this thing for industrial vintage style, it was a really happy day for me (and my camera)!! Unfortunately the prices are quite high, so I focused on snapping pictures and daydream about all the great cupboards, signs and chairs.

My most favorite thing though were the printers accessories - cupboards full of used print letters smelling of printers ink. Not only do I think the cupboards would look fantastic in my apartment, but whenever I smell the printers ink I am transfered back to my childhood. My grandfather used to own his own print company and I remember playing in the large warehouse which was full of print letter sets and smelled like ink! It really makes me feel really happy inside - maybe I should look into learning block printing soon! That would be fantastic!!


You find the Mill Market here:
Mill Market North Geelong
3 Mackey Street
North Geelong VIC 3215

12 comments:

  1. This looks alot like Doug up on Bourke - if you're ever in Sydney you'll have to check it out, you'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant spot. I'd love to spend a day there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cool place!
    We have a market of the same idea but not as cool.
    The letterpress accessories are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love antique/vintage stores! You never know what you will find! This one looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe there is beauty in industrial landscapes too. Well, not in all of them :-)but yours are really pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you kind of hit the jackpot here i think!! did you get anything good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a funky spot! The print-making stuff is definitely pretty cool! I'd love to learn how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love industrial vintage and I would be able to spend hours in a market like this - so amazing, love all the photos. Wish I lived near a cool place like this. I really like your blog and now following :)

    Laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful... the place and the photos!
    In Dublin the National Print Museum organises workshops to learn the art of letterpress. I'll book a place for myself, sooner or later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh... was würde ich da gerne stöbern gehen. Das ist ja eine Schatzkiste!
    Du bist ja schon unglaublich rumgekommen in der Welt und davon gibt es so viele schöne Bilder. Perfekt um zu prokrastinieren... da muss ich mich doch gleich noch ein bißchen von der Arbeit ablenken. ;-)

    Herzlich, Katja

    ReplyDelete
  11. ja ein paradis!!! schöne buchstaben. wahnsinn. wüsste nicht, dass es hier solche läden gibt. und ich sehe schon, kein herbst bei dir ;) sehr ungewohnt, aber schön.

    liebe grüße und bis balde . tabea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails