Monday, June 4, 2012

// weekend stories // 22 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:



Do you heart streetart? If so, then Melbourne will be paradise for you. From beautiful stencil art, to graffiti, to huge pictures that fill whole walls - there is so much to discover wherever you turn (unfortunately also a lot of tagging, which I do not consider art at all!!).

The most famous lane for streetart is Hosier Lane in the CBD, but if you venture out in the suburbs you also find great places full of it! Saturday we have been to Brunswick and Fitzroy, both suburbs in the North of the city (and Fitzroy being one of my most favorite places in Melbourne so far). We visited some vintage shops in Lygon Street and later on walked along Brunswick Street, enjoyed coffee in the sun and took many pictures along the way.

It was the second day of winter Australia, but it felt more like spring. Could get used to that!

Hope you are having a great week. *K

Oh, I have some more pictures of streetart for you if you like - from Berlin!

8 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE street art - and especially that mural with all the different portraits!! It's so rare to see street artists working together on one piece like that, but great to see all the different styles side by side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know another graffiti lover around you!
    Have a look at her blog: http://theowloutsidemydoor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photos get better and better ;) thanks for your congratulations!! it will be fun to have a swiss made baby, haha :) it was a surprise but a good one i think! hope you are doing well!!! i need to visit more and keep up, i haven't been on blogs in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Here it is packed with street art as well and very encouraged by the different councils. It is so awesome to see how street art gets its (well deserved) place as an acknowledged form of art.
    The last photo is so great!!! Love seeing YOU in your photos! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melbourne's street art is truly amazing. We used to live in Newtown, and there was some there, but nothing like this.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pet's right...I love the street art around Brunswick, where I visit often. Have also posted the couple in the last picture (a while ago)it's one of my favourites.
    I like your blog :)
    ps. Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome photos, I love all the art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always hear that Melbourne has the best street art place. Thank you for sharing this! I hope someday I'll be able to go there soon & see the street by myself. You take awesome photographs as well!
    And you looks gorgeous in your outfit.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails