Wednesday, May 16, 2012

// weekend stories // 19 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:




Again another autumn weekend filled with all the weather in Melbourne can offer: sun, rain, wind and did I mention the rain? Did you know that Melbourne is famous for having four seasons in one day? I am not kidding, it is actually the truth... Always prepare yourself for everything! :)

Saturday we drove 50km out to the Dandenong Ranges as I was searching for some glorious autumn colours to capture with my camera. I love the Indian Summer and all the shades of red, orange and yellow - so much! Somehow the native Australian trees do not really change their colour though (and they also don't lose their leaves), so we had to go somewhere with foreign trees. After a quick research I found the National Rhododendron Garden near the small town of Olinda - the pictures looked wonderful. So we spent a couple of hours walking through the garden, taking pictures, running from the rain. I loved those amazing tall trees, you feel so small walking underneath them... Afterwards we drove to Sassafras (another cute little town) and had some coffee with cake in a quirky little cafĂ©. Perfect day!

On a different note, I am currently trying to find an editing program that suits me and my style. All the pictures above have been edited with Photoshop Elements and the Totally Rad photo actions - both trial versions for 30 days. I am trying to create a "film-like" look and feel - let me know what you think of my first attempt? Thanks so much, really appreciate it!

Have a lovely week, *K

13 comments:

  1. Oh this is just beautiful. You have made me now want to get in a car and head there!

    Whatever processing you have done I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We say the same thing in Canada - 4 seasons in 1 day.

    (Has Melbourne ever had snow?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful. At first I thought there was a peacock in the first photo and then I realised it was Dennis! Oops! I can offer no advice on editing programs but I do like the look of these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the way you edited these photos is just lovely. I can see the difference from your other photos, but frankly, I've always loved the way your photos look!

    P.S. I do love the fact that trees here remain green! Winter is sad when there are no leaves on the trees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Think I mentioned it you already but check out VSCO Film - AMAZING! I think you'll really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! love love love! if you are ever in that area again you muuuust let me know. This is my hood! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That truly does sound like the perfect day to me, Kristina.
    By the way, that second last shot is my favourite. So beautiful and unexpected.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours and photos! It's so strange seeing fall shades as we're just going into summer in the northern hemisphere! ;D I like the outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cant believe how tall these trees are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, and the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails