Thursday, May 3, 2012

// analog adventures // black and white 1 //




I was hoping I would find the time to select and edit some more pictures from Bali this week, but as you can see, this was not the case. I am feeling the grey, rainy, cold weather lately - I am drinking tea to keep me warm, snuggle up on the sofa at night, but I can't help it. My motivation got lost and I am struggeling to bring it back. So many things I want to do (cook nice meals out of actual cook books, go to the gym more often, read the books I borrowed at the library, talk to all my friends on Skype, write more for my blog....), so many projects I want to finally start (knitting, crochet, sewing, chasing vintage treasures on ebay and garage sales, plant my balcony garden...) - but when I come home after a long day at work, I just want to lay down, watch TV and sleep. Or I surf the Internet and see so many nice things on your blogs - photography, DIY projcts, whatever - and I get angry at myself that I do not find the time and energy to finally get going. Then I'm sad and move on to my bed.... Like a vicious circle almost...

Autumn blues. BIG autumn blues.

And due to all this I only share some more of the black and white shots I took at  the beginning of the year. I figure I need to learn to get the contrast right and to pay more attention to light in b/w photography.
How do you all find the time for all the sweet things you do besides your job? Tell me!!
*K

---

From top to bottom:
1.  View over the CBD from the Botanical Garden
2.  Botanical Garden
3.  Chapel Street, Prahran
4.  Reflections on Chapel Street
5.  My favorite cafe at Prahran Market
6.  Prahran Market
7.  Botanical Garden
8.  Changing rooms at Brighton Beach

8 comments:

  1. For me in comes in cycles. There are times when I have the motivation to get everything done including fun projects, and then times when I can only manage the bare minimum! I wish I could predict it better. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schaff Dir Kinder an. Dann kriegste fast gar nix mehr von Deinen Interessen auf die Reihe ;O). Also geniess das "süsse Nichtstun" solange Du kannst (falls Du je vor hast welche zu bekommen). ;O) Ich habe ganz oft die Motivation, hab aber einfach nicht die Zeit. Leider, leider....
    Liebe Grüsse, Frau Hibbel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I am so sorry that you are having an autumn blues!!! I totally know the feeling....Btw: those photos are really beautiful. I adore b&w images. They have such a special vibe about them. Muah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about this so much lately, too—so many projects and I just don't know if I can focus on so many at one time or have the creative energy for it all. And then I start to get overwhelmed. So I try to do just a little bit of something every day, even if it is only 15 minutes. It makes me a feel a little bit better. Then again, sometimes I think you just have to give yourself the ok to not do anything at all and just drink tea and watch TV. Especially when it's starting to get cold out! :)

    Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a day have you got! You do not even like your own pictures. I do like them and you do a lot of things. Sleeping also counts as one of them too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blues can be so hard. And so demotivating....
    Full-time work can be so exhausting. I remember I used to come home from work, and just be totally exhausted.
    Maybe allow yourself some time to adjust to such a big life transition. Don't feel bad about just wanting to lie down on the couch and watch TV. I remember that used to be all I wanted to do. If that's what your body and brain need to get through the week, then that's what you need to do!
    Thinking of you, and wishing I could give you a big hug.
    Thanks for sharing this with us...
    Ronnie xo
    p.s. Also, maybe just choose one or two things you would like to do in the next month, and just focus on that. That's what I try to do to keep myself sane...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear that you're feeling this way! I'm actually really looking forward to this Winter because I know that for the first time in three years I won't be freezing my butt off!!! But anyway, my lack of motivation at the moment is linked to the fact that I still DON'T have a job and....furniture. We're sleeping on a mattress in the living room *we ordered some stuff but it's taking ages to be delivered). That and a TV is basically all we have :D

    Let's motivate each other!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful b/w photos. I know just how you feel! So manu things i would like to do, but feel to tires when i finally have time. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails