Monday, April 9, 2012

// weekend stories // 14 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:


Spending my Saturday morning on the Peoples Market in Melbourne. Lovely place! 
I love how they used the containers - such a great idea!


Easter weekend means a looong weekend. Which normally means we would be packing up our things and hit the road... Not this time though. We decided to stay in Melbourne and enjoy the city and discover some new places in our new hometown.

And this is what we did:
check out Hobba for my birthday brunch on Friday (was really good!), take long walks along sunny Chapel Street, eat popcorn at the cinema watching "The Hunger Games", enjoying our morning at the newly opened Peoples Market in the Docklands, going for our first bike ride along the Yarra River, stopping at the beautiful Abbotsford Convent and the Yarra Bend park in Kew, going for vintage furniture hunt online and offline and cooking a homemade Minestrone for the cold nights ahead.

Hope you had a nice break - what were you up to?
I could get used to 4-day weekends.... *K

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I really enjoyed myself when I went there.

    I love a holiday at home. Sometimes it's easy forget how nice the city you live in is when you are going about your every day life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, poffertjes!

    Beautiful pictures ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE 4 day weekends even moreso when my husband is home. He's been working away so much lately that it seemed like a treat to have him home for 4 uninterrupted days! We relaxed, watched movies, went for walks and hung out at the pool. Perfect.

    The Market looks really cool - reminds me a bit of the Old Biscuit Mill Market we visited in Cape Town. Great place to spend a morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely Kristina - what did you think of the Hunger Games?
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! I'm going crazy dealing with all the things which need to be done...Melbourne will have to wait for now. I'll get in touch as soon as I've settled down a bit...though can you email me so I can forward you my phone number?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! Great montage. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello back :)
    Die Schriftzüge sind ja toll!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails