Monday, March 19, 2012

// weekend stories // 11 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:



Last week Melbourne was smelled like petrol and sounded like race cars - it was Formular 1 weekend and the whole circus was in town! I have never been a particular fan of F1 races (of any car races actually), but we had friends in town who really wanted to go, so we decided to give it a try!

The F1 track in Melbourne is a city race track and runs around Albert Park - which is normally the playground for joggers and sailers. It is a lovely place and a lovely backdrop for such an international event. The weather turned out to be perfect - sun, blue sky but not too hot! There was much more to see than the actual F1 race - I really liked the Crusty Demons show after the race - those guys do really sick things with their motorbikes! Amazing!

Anyway, I do not really want to bore you with more stories about the F1 race - it was fun, but I am certainly not returning the years to come! :)

On a different note, I got the job and I'm so happy and excited! I will start next week, so I am currently enjoying my last week of!! *K

10 comments:

  1. Jeff and I were talking about how we probably would have been there in Melbourne for the F1 race if we were still living in Singapore.

    Instead I saw it on TV (in Seattle, where it was snowing!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the job!

    it looks like a fun day out, it's fun trying new things too, and the weather looks wonderful over there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to the race so go you for doing it your first time there. Congrats on the job! Hope it all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the job! So exciting!

    I don't think F1 would be my cup of tea either, but it looks like a fun day anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gorgeous photography!! That picture with the kangaroos is fantastic. I'll follow your blog now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm not a fan of car racing but my sister's boyfriend went to melbourne just for the F1 as he loves it. Looks like you had good weather for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the job Kristina, yeah for becoming a working girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks like a lot of fun! congrats on getting the job you wanted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! Congrats!


    Minted Magazine


    mintedmag.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Balazs and I love F1! Btw: I am so excited that you got the job!!! Congrats, darling...Yay!!! Kisses and hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails