Wednesday, March 28, 2012

bali // the beauty of ubud 1




As you might remember, before moving to Australia, I spent one week in Ubud on Bali, doing Yoga and simply just live each day as it comes. Many of my friends were referring to the whole Eat, Pray, Love thing (as - in my case - Beijing = eat, Bali = pray, Melbourne = back to my love) - haha- but I have to say I had times when I felt a bit predictable going to Bali by myself.

It was not the first time for me on Bali though (actually my third time) and when I was searching for nice places to go by myself, Bali kept on popping back into my mind. Beautiful landscape, nice people, safe for traveling alone as a girl, nice spa's and (above all) an amazing place to take photographs. So I booked a flight and just hoped Ubud would not be completely over-crowded by mid-30 women looking for love :)

I had a really great time, doing my yoga, listening to the crickets in the ricefields at night, eating yummy organic food, wandering the backstreets of Ubud taking pictures. For sure Ubud has changed quite a bit the last years, some changes are good, some changes not so much. It is still a place full of beauty. Hope I managed to capture some of it on this pictures. Enjoy!*K

13 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous --- beautiful, beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wild looking place...especially in that second photo with the stone carvings!! Did you stay at a retreat centre during your week - and if so, would you recommend it? Cliche though it may be, I'm totally hoping to spend some time doing the same whenever I get there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pictures are lovely, and it sounds like a dream - time to yourself, yoga, taking pictures, strolls.... ahhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are gorgeous! I really really want to go to Ubud (but like you would not want people to think I was doing the Eat Pray Love thing!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful pictures, love the colours makes me want to go right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! Bali is definitely on my list of places to visit.

    Cheers,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Das sind wunderschöne Bilder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are amazing! Makes me want to head back there for a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bali is really high up on my list of places to go. These photos are lovely - it looks like such a serene and peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is insanely gorgeous. i need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially love the colorful photo of what I think might be offerings. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails