Monday, February 27, 2012

weekend stories // 8 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:



As already announced on Twitter, last weekend I learned to surf (well almost)!
Back in Switzerland my colleagues gave me surf lessons as a goodbye gift and on Sunday I took the first 2 hours of a total of 6. So exciting!!

We drove to Torquay, which is not only favorite for being the gate to the Great Ocean Road, but also stands for great surfing! So Sunday morning, after a great brekky (= breakfast) at the Green Room on Bell Street, we headed to the surf shop - me as the aspiring surfer, my lovely boyfriend as todays photographer.

It was great! I swallowed a couple of liter of salt water, fell of the board more than once, had white zinc sunblock across my face and severe pain in my arms from paddling - but in the end, I managed to stand up, which made me cheer very loud and make my boyfriend laugh really hard! So. Much. Fun.

Glad I was not bitten by a shark and already planning to take the remaining 4 hours! Lets get this started!!

Do you surf or would you love to start as well?
Have a lovely week, *K

10 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to take surfing lessons. I might get around to it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! I grew up surfing in California, but sadly haven't been out in years. It takes quite a while to get the hang of it, but as long as you can laugh when you fall down you will surely enjoy learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is: You rock girl!!!
    The last photo! You're an ace!
    I'm such a slow person, can't imagine myself on a board... not a chance I'll catch even the tiniest wave....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich blicke neidvoll auf deine tollen Bilder. Mann, was hast du für eine tolle, wunderbare Gegend zum Leben erwischt. Ich freu mich, dass du es genießen kannst.
    Surfen würde ich auch gerne mal ausprobieren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun! You are so cute! I used to go surfing and miss it so much!


    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surfing?! That sounds so awesome. Apparently it was time well spent. A lifetime memory. Come by sometime! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great farewell present!
    i've lived on the coast my whole life and i was thinking recently that maybe i should have a few lessons. Something to consider for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just posted about your weekend! This is pretty cool. I've never gone but it is definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, looks so fun. I learned to surf in Costa Rica a few years ago but haven't been since! Too cold where I live. Darn you, Seattle.

    * Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my dreams!
    learning surfing! hier im ruhrgebiet ziemlich schwierig :D
    but i feel happy for you for having the opportunity now doing it
    now whenever you want to!

    Grüße
    M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails