Monday, February 20, 2012

weekend stories // 7 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:



Uh, Monday again - why do weekends pass so fast? Sitting here at my desk, working on photographs, writing job applications and listening to the rain outside. Before I make myself a tea, cuddle up with a book on the sofa (currently reading "In a sunburned country" by Bill Bryson), I want to share some pictures I took on the weekend.

We went camping in the town of Ballarat, northwest of Melbourne in the countryside. Ballart is famous for its goldfields and its mining history. The city is nice, but really not that exciting (it has some nice architecture though - oh and we had delicious Thai food), so we spent Saturday at Sovereign Hill, which is kind of like a Disneyland for goldmining. They have rebuilt the old mining town, you can visit old underground mines, search for gold yourself and just experience how life was back in the days. Sunday we spent vintage hunting (rather unsuccessfully though) and had a yummy lunch in the cute town of Daylesford before driving back home to Melbourne.

How was your weekend? Anything exciting to share?
Oh and in case anybody has good book recommendations - let me know!!
*K

10 comments:

  1. I just finished 'The Rum Diary' by Hunter S. Thompson which I didn't think I would like, but I read it really quickly so something must have been right!

    And just started 'Middlesex' by Jeffrey Eugenides and so far it's really good.

    I remember going to Sovereign Hill when I was a kid. It was so hot but I loved getting the chance to pan for gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That town looks so cute.

    I just finished reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot and Swamplandia! by Karen Russel. Both were good but The Immortal Life was better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fortunately the real cold is going to finish! now we've snow and sun :)
    really love this last post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photos are wonderful!!
    i love it here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. This brought back my old memories of studying the goldrush in school. It was my favourite subject. Sovereign Hill looks gorgeous and has been happily added to my 'places to visit in Australia' list :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a really awesome weekend!!!
    I wish mine lasted longer!

    www.styleinterplay.com

    ..
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pics! What a fun place to spend the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really lovely and your morning sounds pretty good to me:) I just finished reading The memory keeper's daughter by Kim Edwards. Have a great day, darling. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved how you expressed your weekend with your photos.. It felt like you were telling a story :)

    My weekend was the start to my vacation. I took a plane to the Caribbean which is where I am right now!

    Great blog; just started following :)

    http://www.ladyonaroof.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg! love these pictures!
    hey, another weekend is coming already :)
    xxx,
    Betül

    Ballad of Seasons

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails