Monday, February 13, 2012

beijing // hiking the great wall of china

I had been dreaming about walking along the Great Wall of China for a long time and when I stayed in Beijing I was so happy to finally get the chance to go and see the wall myself.
I decided to book an organized day trip as I wanted to get to some more remote parts of the Wall and figured it would be good to go with a group. So I booked a hike with Beijing Hikers and, let me tell you, it was fabulous!

The group met a Metro station close to the city and then we got picked up by a bus which drove us approx. 2 hours in the countryside (unfortunately I forgot the name of the part of the Wall that we visited, shame on me!).

From there we started our 4 hour hike along an unrestored part of the Wall. The weather was perfect; blue sky, crisp mountain air and the visibility was fantastic! We walked directly on the Wall, climbed up to the watchtowers and did not meet another soul for the whole hike! It was perfect and unforgettable!




Such an astonishing, mindblowing and breathtaking structure the Great Wall of China is! Please, if you ever go, make sure you visit a remote, unrestored part - I think it makes the whole experience so much better compared to visiting the very touristy places! 

9 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you could go to other parts of the wall. What an incredible experience. Thanks for sharing that tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really amazing! Yes I think it's a good tip to visit unrestored part.
    We will go to visit it next summer. But our daughter (age 7) will be with us: I don't know if this is possible and easy with a child? My daughter used to walk long but it's not too steep? I would be happy to have your opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing adventure - I really hope I get to see this someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where download X-Rumer 7.0.10 ELITE?
    Send me URL please!
    It is the best program for mass posting on forums! XRumer can break most types of captchas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...look at those breathtaking views? Incredible photos, sweetie. I love them. Have a sunny day. Muah

    ReplyDelete
  6. An experience so amazing that I had to do it twice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! I'd love to visit far east one day, lovely photos!
    Betül
    Ballad of Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. These pictures are so breath taking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails