Thursday, February 9, 2012

beijing // 798 art zone

After packing up our life in Switzerland and being on route to Australia, I decided to take the opportunity and travel two weeks on my own. First stop was Beijing, China!

I have been longing to go there for a long time and as I have a friend living there, it was an obvious decision to go there. I spent a week wandering and walking, walking, walking! And shooting pictures! Despite some minor drawbacks (the smog was unbelievable!!), I loved it!

One of the first places I went to was the 798 Art Zone. It is an old industrial zone, but the old factories are filled with galleries and installations today! Perfect for spending an afternoon!




And in case you wonder, it was not foggy that day, it is really that awful smog - pure bad, unhealthy air!

PS: I am so happy to announce another guest post I just wrote. Please hop over to Catherine from FEST and read my story about what I learned in Rome! :)

10 comments:

  1. that's pollution? crazy!
    Gorgeous photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fabulous. And in case you didn't know already, I'm so obsessed with your photos. :)

    XO,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning on visiting Beijing & possibly Shanghai, and on the top of my list is visiting all of these art neighborhoods....they look so interesting! What's in those bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from Fest---LOVE your blog! Oh my gosh your photos are beautiful and I love all of your travels. I'm your newest follower!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, those photos are tuly amazing and the smog? wow. Have a great day, darling. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep your post in a corner of my head because I will go to Beijing next summer. I'm really hurry to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are phenomenal!!!! I solo traveled in China too. I will never forget that trip. Headed to China again in 2 weeks. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful place!
    Love those old spaces that are transfigured into art hubs as this one.
    The second photo is amazing!! Did you get some local art for your home?


    (Ignore my question on your last post, now I saw this post that I missed before and it answered my question! :) )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails