With our furniture gone, we are forced to live rather "basic" for the next couple of weeks, which includes sleeping on the floor, having only two chairs and a camping table to sit, no fridge and no vacuum cleaner. You can imagine that I really do look forward for our things to arrive....
Anyway I have not been out much this weekend, so no new pictures to share, therefore I thought I do a small sum-up of the things I like here in Australia so far (and also the things I need to get used to). Enjoy!! :)
- complete, pretty vintage overdose everywhere - oh those great vintage shops
- open, friendly people that are never to busy for a little chit-chat
- lovely cafés with great (!) coffee
- the alternative vibe of Melbourne with craft shops, street art and
- running along the beach! how great is it to live so close to a beach!
- beautiful nature at our doorstep
- my community library where I can lend books, DVD's, audiobooks etc for free!!!
- affordable and great sushi everywhere
- parrots in the trees behind our apartment
- acland street cake shops in St Kilda, sooo yummy!
maybe need to get used to
- people walking barefoot in supermarkets
- the bread (just NO comparison to German bread, all you Germans know that I talk about)
- this large hole in the ozone layer over Australia, kind of worried about sunburn all the time
- slow internet connections - really people this is the 21 century!!
- I do like the Australian accent, but I am having a hard time understanding
- critters! just terrified to someday find a large huntsman spider in our apartment!!
- the awful TV reception in our new apartment
Happy Monday, K*