Monday, December 5, 2011

// weekend stories // 48 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:





We took our first trip out of the city this weekend. And, oh my, this country blows me away! Simply amazing! We drove down the Mornington Peninsula, which is only 40 minutes from downtown Melbourne - well known for beaches, wineries, hot springs and good surf!
We went for walks along the southern coastline around the small town of Flinders and drove down to Cape Schanck - it was stormy and cold, but so pretty! Didn't see any kangaroos or koalas so far (where are they hiding?), but some kind of porcupine instead :)

And, I also found my personal paradise - besides its natural beauty, the Mornington Peninsula is also known for its many antique shops. I am speechless! Never have seen anything like this - sheds filled with vintage treasures!! Vintage furniture, maps, globes, bottles, kitchen supplies, clocks, frames, typewriters - I was in heaven! Will show you some pictures this week. As soon as we moved into our new apartment and got the bigger car we WILL return! Already bought some smaller things, simply could not resist. The prices are okay, nothing to compare to Europe! ::excitement::

Hope you had a lovely weekend and a good start in the new week! *K

9 comments:

  1. Nice little corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..those photos blow my mind. They are truly stunning and Im so happy that you are having a great time:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo just caught up with you and your photos pretty girl...I'm so glad you are looking happy!!!! i'll enjoy some gluhwine for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're giving me Victoria envy :-). Glad you're enjoying it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're obviously enjoying the wide open spaces of the coast over there, and that's great. The series of photos is most attractive with the repeated alternation from landscape view to close up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you pics!! What a great blog. Keep up the good work!

    www.boundforadventure.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very jealous of your weekend, it looks sublime. And collecting seashells is such a lovely thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok...now this is just cruel...I loooovvvveee pretty vintage things

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey there le-fabuleux-destin-de.blogspot.com owner found your blog via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://xrumerservice.org they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective backlinks Take care. Jason

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails