Tuesday, November 15, 2011

first day and st kilda pier

I finally made it to Melbourne! Wow! Can´t believe I am "down under" now! :)

Australia made it quite hard for me to get there. My A380 plane from Singapore was damaged (Qantas and me are not friends anymore!), so I had to stay one more night in Singapore - after sitting 3 hours in the plane and further 2 hours at the gate waiting for the hotel for 450 passangers to be arranged. A bit chaotic, but in the end it all worked out...

So, anyway, I am here now and I am as happy as can be :)

Yesterday night, we drove down to St Kilda to check the neighbourhood (we are looking for an apartment in this area), had some yummy Japanse dinner and took a walk at the beeeeeach!! I l-o-v-e the beach! I have always dreamed about living so close to the ocean, it is fantastic!
And, there are even small, cute (but a bit stinky) penguins living right at the St Kilda pier and they come out at dawn! Aren´t they so sweet? So we also had out first encounter with Australian wildlife!!






Such a wonderful sunset on my first day on the other side of the world... still cannot believe I am here!

16 comments:

  1. Ich freue mich, dass du gut angekommen bist. Was für ein Traum in der Nähe des Ozeans zu leben!

    Ich bin sehr gespannt, wie es weitergeht.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything sounds like a fairy tale dream!
    A dream we'll all live now through your words and your camera :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hooray! Welcome to our beautiful country. I definitely think St Kilda is a good place to look for an apartment. Long evening walks along the beach are the best. And so many restaurants and so close to the city. Hope you settle in well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made it!! So beautiful... excited for your new adventure. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! And penguins! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adore your scarf! I dream of going to Australia. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I can't wait to start reading about your adventure in Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you, and looking forward to photos of Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've come to Australia! That is awesome! You will love Melbourne and St Kilda. I stayed there once for a week and it was just beautiful...
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I'm so jealous that you are already there :) Just a word of warning. Through my own research and also info I got from people living in Melbourne, I was told that St Kilda is not a very nice area to live in due to the backpacker-drunk-party feel of it. I have no idea if that's bad, but take a good look around ebfore you commit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So amazing!! And the penguins... aw, too cute! I hope you're having an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! Welcome to my side of the world!!!
    So glad you already liking it!

    Hope you'll settle down easily quickly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. !!! i LOVE PENGUINS!!!! I can't wait to hear more about your new life there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...nun also da :). Eine gute Zeit wünsche ich Dir ... freue mich auf weitere Fotos :). LG

    ReplyDelete
  15. So you've made it to St Kilda, Kristina. A lovely series of shots here.

    St Kilda was one of my favourite places to go on trips to Melbourne when I lived in Sydney. If you haven't already, you must try the coffee shops that have fabulous cakes! Good luck with the apartment hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i can't believe you saw penguins!!! i am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails