Wednesday, October 12, 2011

{ goodbye roadtrip } rome I

Back to Italy. :)
After driving to beautiful Tuscany we arrived in Rome where we stayed for three days. It was very hot (talking 33 degree hot, which means I had many gelati!!) and super crowded! We have both been to Rome before, but we still toured all the main tourist attractions again. No Rome visit is complete without seeing the St. Peter's Place and Basilica, right? We also went to the Vatican Museum which was actually too crowded to be fully appreciated, so my most favorite part of the museum was its ceilings. Mindblowingly beautiful!! See yourself, the gold is amazing!





The stairway at the end of the Vatican museum is the prettiest I have ever seen. We spent quite some time taking pictures - I was so mad I forgot my small tripod, would have been so cool to play around with the shutter speed!

Next up: more Rome

PS: Great souvenir we all brought from Madrid: we (all 6 of the girls) were down with foodpoisoning the last two days! Surely a trip to remember!! Haha. Luckily I am feeling slowly better!!

PPS:And the winner of the photography giveaway is Krystal from Village. Congrats!

7 comments:

  1. you were naughty taking pictures of the ceiling when you shouldn't ;) that was one of the funniest parts of our trip - the guy whose job it was to say "shhh!!! keep moving!"

    and yay for me winning the print!!!! I will go to your archives to find it and email you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you go to the most amazing places and your posts are so put together and lovely. I can't wait to get lost in more of your travel posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of these pictures! It's been 11 years since I've been to Italy, and I just need to go back so bad! - Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness..I love Italy and I adore Rome. Such a great photos, darling. Have a lovely evening, muah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madrid, Rome...
    Oh the envy!

    Have a lovely Thursday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog and I LOVE all your photos - they really capture the atmosphere of a place!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails