Wednesday, October 19, 2011

busy days and goodbye's

Forgive me for being so quite the past days... I am missing posting and I am missing reading all of your posts!! I am a bad bad blogger friend right now, I know...

But it is really hectic around here for the time being....

Thursday our furniture gets packed and shipped; Friday is my last day of work!! And in between all of this madness I am trying to book flights, hotels, pack my bagpack, handle open issues with banks, insurances etc etc. Thursday I will also have a small goodbye party for all my friends here in Bern...

It is true, time is moving so darn fast and those are the last days I have here in Bern. Cannot really believe it!! I am moving to the other side of the world. Amazing!! But even if I am a bit scared (after all I have to admit that) I am so looking forward to what lies ahead and I am so grateful to get the chance to experience all of it... After having lived in the US, in Singapore and in Switzerland, I am ready to explore a new continent!! :)

Before I will be arriving at my new home in mid-November, I have planned to have two weeks vacation and I am really excited! I will be spent two days in my former home Singapore, followed by a week in Beijing, China (visiting an old friend of mine) and another week in Ubud, Bali (doing yoga all by myself, uhh!). But I am sooo excited! And then, finally off to Melbourne!!

So, I want to know: did you ever travel by yourself? Did you feel lonely? Anything I need to keep in mind? I am looking forward to spent days practicing yoga, reading books, wandering the streets of Ubud, drink coffee and take photographs - but I am also a bit nervous about being all by myself....

And, furthermore, do you have some nice recommendations for Beijing and Ubud by any chance?

Next week I will post more about Rome and finally Croatia. I also have some travel snapshots guest post planned for the time I am roaming China and Bali :) So, I promise, my silence is almost over :)
*K

17 comments:

  1. oh i know it's such a bittersweet time!! wish i had some bejing or ubud tips - how incredible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! And please do not forget to tell us about the yoga in Ubud. I had a week of yoga in the mountains of Malaga and it was a fantastic experience.
    Good luck with all the move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, my recommendation for Ubud (I was there three days ago) is GET AWAY FROM IT! In my opinion it has pretty much turned into a giant tourist trap. The food is bad and expensive and the stores are full of crap. Take a rice field tour and head to Batur area (I highly recommend a tour with C-Bali). If you have any questions about the place, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! I've travelled a fair bit by myself- just got home from a solo trip to Chile as you may have seen!

    I've been to Beijing and would recommend walking the Jinshaling portion of the Great Wall- it's usually the least busy section.

    As for Ubud, I went for two days this past spring. See a traditional gamelan show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was in Beijing, my friend took me to Factory 798 which is a factory area converted to an art/design space. There are many art galleries and shops selling cute things. My friend said it's a relatively new area and still a hidden gem. If you have time, check it out!

    Hope you have a safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been so busy Kristina. Traveling by yourself and having a bit of "time out" after all the craziness of getting ready to leave will be wonderful. I would love a bit of yoga time right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ich bin noch nie allein verreist und finde das sehr mutig. Auf meiner Reise nach Chile habe ich öfter Frauen getroffen, die allein durch Südamerika unterwegs waren. Das finde ich jedes Mal wieder toll.
    Ich bin gespannt, was du zu berichten weißt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't be worried about travelling alone! I actually prefer solo travel over travelling with another person - you have complete freedom over what your itinerary, and (ironically) wind up meeting more people along the way. Stay open, stay curious, and you'll have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. moving is always bittersweet, but you definitely have some great adventures in store for you in the next months! Your time in Bali sounds AMAZING! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - was für ein tolles Leben hast DU denn! Habe gerade Dein Blog gefunden und bin nun ganz gespannt, wie es weiter geht...Save travel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!!
    HAve a safe and colourfull trip, you will make a lot of gorgeous pics
    ^_^
    Fede

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think sometimes it's really important to just take the plunge! That's living! hehe

    That photo just made me homesick as I'm from Bern but live in London ;).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your sweet comment!

    I traveled by myself to London a few times when I was in high school, but my dad lived there and I had family there, so it doesn't really count.

    I can't wait to hear about Shanghai, Singapore... and esp. your yoga in Bali. I've never been to any of those places. This trip sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i CAN'T WAIT to check out these places through your camera :) happy trails my sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet you will have a blast. I used to travel on my own a few times and I truly had a lovely time. Its a great time to just take a deep breath and enjoy every little moment. Im so excited for you, darling. Muah

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! This trip sounds amazing, I would love to travel all over like that <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never traveled on my own for more than a couple of days either, but I am sure you will have a wonderful time! Enjoy the trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails