Wednesday, September 7, 2011

// weekend stories // 35 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:






First of all - don't judge me by my horrible tourist outfit! Haha! It looks horrible, I know! :)

So as you know, I spent last week in Egypt for business, however me and my colleague found some time to visit the pyramids as well as the Egyptian museum (pictures will follow).
Could not leave Cairo without, right?
Our Egyptian colleague organized a complete tourist-package for us which included driving in a horse carriage, photosession with Charlie the camel and a visit to a papyrus "museum" (shop in reality). I felt a bit funny, because normally I try to avoid touris tours (also called traps), but here I was in the middle of a big one. However, the pyramids were still amazing, even if we did not stay long due to limited time and unbearable heat.

Anyone of you ever ride a camel?? :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness..this is so cool:) I adore those photos, sweetie. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lucky you, the pyramids have always been in my list of things to do. But you must be right with the weather, I've been told that the month to go is February-March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! I can feel the heat and the sand in my shoes with memories of the Giza pyramids! I love it when the camel gets up from the sitting position and you have to lean back and forth and up! Hey, you forgot your headgear...but you both look lovely. I borrowed one from the Camel man himself!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos! How great that you got to see the pyramids, if for a brief time. But good to know about the heat – I don't think I could manage! – g

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh i would LOVE to go there..I would have a killer time taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am green with envy! I hope to someday visit the pyramids and ride on a camel! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! It doesn't look like anyone else is there. I hope to see the pyramids one day and ride a camel too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Das sieht wirklich sehr, sehr heiß aus. So ein Kamelritt ist doch eine wackelige Angelegenheit, oder? :)

    Wir sind nach einer Woche Paris wieder zu Hause. Leider.:(
    Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Urlaub und falls du im Meer baden gehst, bade eine Runde für uns mit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so jealous!! this is amazing! i want to go here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha tourist outfits... i am guilty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails