Monday, September 12, 2011

// travel snapshots // italy

You all know my love for travel and photography, right?
I have asked some of my dear blogger friends to share with you their most favorite destinations for taking photographs, along with special tips on what to capture and how to take "the" perfect picture!

Today my dear Sarah from fairy tales are true will share her love for Italy with us. Her travel snapshots are beautiful and I love to follow her travels. Still trying to look as sweet as she does while traveling, not so sure if I will ever succeed :) Enjoy!!

//

I'm so excited Kristina asked me to join in on this great series.
One, because I am a girl with a camera always around my neck.
Two, because it never ceases to make me deliriously happy to go through my Italy pictures (: 
Thanks Kristina for having me!


What is your most favorite place to take photographs?
I realize this is super cliche ... but I have to say, ITALY!  My obsession started young as I live in Milan for a bit as a kid.  Now it is the place I will never be able to get enough of.  


What makes this place so photogenic in your eyes?  
Italy has it all in my eyes.  It's stunning in so many ways.  It's coastline is glorious, its people are authentic in their own unique way, and the landscape is just flat out ahhh-mazing.

Oh and do not get me started about the food ... their beautiful, perfect, and delicious food!


Which popular sights did you like best?  

I love the Almafi Coast.  I love the bug cliffs that just jut out from the water, the sunsets, and the scenic cities built on hills.

Other than that, it's hard to beat the rolling hills of Tuscany!!

The beauty you find so easily by just getting lost in Venice.  

Every place has its own beauty, essence and specialities. How can this be captured on film? 
I am definitely a lover of the little things, the details.  My 50mm lense is best for that and what I typically have on my camera.  So, if you are interested in details, I'd suggest one of those.  I always try to soak up where I am, especially in Italy.  I am a person who is easily excited, someone who literally squeals with delight when a dish tastes good or when I see something that catches my eyes.  Anything that causes my heart to beat a little faster - I focus on those things.  That's what I take a picture of, and it's usually the details.


Are there any specifics to take into consideration while shooting and do you have any special recommendations on how to get the "perfect picture"?
I find it's pretty easy to get a good picture in Italy.  People are used to being snapped as well, since there is such an influx of tourists nearly all of the time.  I also think there's nothing like that hour right around dusk, Italy is even more breathtaking then.  But that is true of anywhere, it's when you can find that gorgeous golden light.  As for getting the perfect picture, you may want to invest in a tripod; so you can turn your ISO low, and let it take a slow exposure photo.  Those are my favorite, and still very tricky for me!

While traveling, what camera equipment do you normally take?  
I take my Canon 60D, 50mm, 18-55mm, and a tripod.   


What is your most favorite picture of this place and why? 
 I've got to say the picture I took of Positano at night, from Le Sirenuse.  It just captures a moment in time that was so lovely for me.  I was traveling with my husband, sipping a delicious cocktail in the prettiest hotel, and soaking in the beauty of Positano by nightfall.  I will never forget that trip or those sweet moments.


All pictures by Sarah from fairy tales are true .

6 comments:

  1. Followed you over from Sarah's blog. Love the interview and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous sarah! I almost chose italy because I love all of my pictures from there too, I take the most when I am there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool interview, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! i'm itching to travel so badly. these fed my inch...only by a bit though :)
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent one month in Tuscany this summer, and it is beautiful region !
    The pictures are really beautiful and it reminds me my holidays !
    Cool interview !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails