Monday, July 18, 2011

// weekend stories // 28 //

How was your weekend?
Mine was like this:















Rainy weekend spent in Ticino, italian part of Switzerland. Highlight (besides Jack Johnson concert on the Piazza Grande, Locarno on Sunday evening) was the visit to my most favorite restaurant in the world - Grotto Baldoria in Ascona. Traditional "grotto ticinese" with stone tables, rustic interoior, basic food. But sooo good. Menu (the same every day) is salami, insalata ticinese, thin sliced cold beef meet, spicy pasta, polenta with meat, cheese, cake and grappa - you eat ALL of it, the plates just keep coming!! You sit next to strangers which become friends. The red wine is fabulous. And the best, above menu for 2 plus 1 litre wine & water costs only 66 CHF. Which is a absolute bargain for Switzerland!!! Make sure you go next time you are in Ascona!

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place and the pasta looks so delicious:) Totally need to visit one day! Have a lovely Monday, darling

    P.S: I'm hosting an awesome print GIVEAWAY later today! I bet you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. What a great place to spend the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot even compare my weekend to this!! How delightful and I love all of the beautiful images!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    Do come and enter my new Giveaway, a very special painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl you could make the projects look amazing, I'm convinced!! when are we hanging out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are gorgeous. I love all the photos, but especially the colours and girl's legs out of focus behind the grotto sign. Yummy food! I didn't know there is an Italian section in Switzerland, adding that to the travel list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have the most lovely weekends. All the food looks so good there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heaven. Absolute heaven. You've just described my perfect meal. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like these tips from your blog.
    You see, there is now one more place that I wish to go - and I am rather prickly in my choices.
    My sister goes on holidays to the Italian Alps for many years now. I will pass this to her too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a lovely place! amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks really interesting, beautiful pictures as always :D
    aa you're living my dream life. check out mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow. I just put that on my bucket list!

    I'm curious how the cake tasted, it is so thin it almost looks like a cookie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails