Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{perfect weekend hideaway} - lyon

In 2009 we took a long weekend break and drove down to Lyon (France), which is about three hours away from Bern. We were very lucky with the weather, it was warm and sunny.

We wandered through the streets of the old town, had some yummy crepe au chocolat, strolled through the lovely small shops, climbed the hill to take a look at the cathedral, visited a local farmer market and enjoyed the weather outside with a glass of red whine (Beaujolais and Cotes du Rhone being very close by). The city is famous for its food, no wonder with Paul Bocuse being born in Lyon. All in all. a really great place!








So, I guess summer has finally arrived to Switzerland! We had 26 degrees the last days, blue sky and beautiful sunshine. With so many amazing countries and places near by, summer in Switzerland is also the time of great weekend trips and escapes! Last year I already shared with you trips to Annecy, Ticino and Lago di Como. This summer I will continue to show you my perfect weekend hideaways, all within reach from Bern in 3-5 hours. Hope you enjoyed Lyon, there is more to come!
Follow your wanderlust! *K

14 comments:

  1. I have never been to Lyon - would love to go! Especially after seeing these pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend is from there! it looks great, I definitely want to go. and yes, this weather is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. i hiked up the huge buochserhorn on saturday and my legs are STILL sore but i can finally get by without limping today, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Och, mhm, deine Bilder sind fantastisch. Eigentlich hatte ich vor, in dem Pfingsferien nach Lyon und dann nach Marseille zu fahren. Nun haben wir uns für Berlin entschieden. Deine Fotos machen mich nun ein wenig wehmütig. Vielleicht hätte ich doch ...? Leider ist Lyon von Regensburg ein ganzes Stück entfernt. Vielleicht nächstes Jahr ...
    Ich freue mich auf alle deine Tipps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. I've never been to Lyon but the south-east of France is one of my favourite european spots. Our family has friends in Grenoble and I've spent a few weekends exploring around the region. Pity it's not closer to Berlin...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another place I must go to soon! I hope I get to before I leave Switzerland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the weather lately and Lyon is beautiful! Have a great evening. Kisses, my dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got a good friend that always goes to Lyon for shopping! I've only passed by car, so far... which now I regret! It's so near from here, I really need to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I fell in love with Lyon when I went in 2009. It was just beautiful! Now I want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and the warm weather, as it reflects from the photos, made me feel a little warmer!!

    Lately I miss Europe more and more. Not ready to say goodbye to Australia quite yet though, but miss all those charming towns so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely adventure. The door in the first image is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. das vorletzte bild ist wahnsinnig schön. all diese pastelltöne einfach wunderschön. da will ich sofort hin :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having just come back from our first visit to Paris, we have now fallen for the great French love affair and can't wait to go back! I didn't know Lyon was such a big city, will add it to the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails