Tuesday, April 26, 2011

{ marrakech } carpet love

I already fell in love with the colourful carpets while traveling through Turkey. But now, after Marrakech, I am infected with carpet love. Walking through the Medina you see the beauties everywhere; hanging from balconies, on walls, inside shops. They have the most amazing colours and wonderful designs.


Loving the bright colours of the two carpets below!


We went to the berber carpet market, where the local berber men have a daily auction on which they sell their carpets, which are produced in the North and South of the country.


Also we were able to sneak in some carpet stock rooms on the market. So many amazing carpets - the owner briefly explained us the differences between the designs and materials of the different regions of Morocco. Loved that!


So many pretty designs!



Don't you just want to buy one of those beauties and put them in your living room?

---
Happy Easter! Hope you had some fine days with family and friends, I just returned from three beautiful days in Germany.

18 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I particularly like the last one. I also have one of those table plates.... I couldnt resist when in Lebanon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The carpets were my favorite part of visiting Morocco. I just wish I had been able to take one home.. maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina... I love these! thanks for always capturing the lovely details when you travel.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help it,but those carpet's pattern are so beautiful.
    Lovely pictures as always, check out mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these carpets! I liked a few in Kuwait but they were expensive. Then again, it requires a lot of time and effort to make so I'll have to get one next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! And yes, I would absolutely love to add one (or a few...) to our home :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had beautiful days!!! And I can't believe these carpets, did you get one??? I would have the hardest time in the world picking one out - but would love one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those carpets!

    Just found your blog! So glad I did!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're so beautiful. I've always wanted one.

    Great pics!

    ♥ Gina Michele
    CrochetClouds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter - we did a little bit of carpet shopping/looking while in Hamburg; lots of carpet sellers around the harbour. Nice to dream about which one(s) would be good for the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! Would love any one of these! Amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm so glad you found my blog! enjoying following you, now! beautiful pictures. i would love to go to morocco! someday i shall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! They are so beautiful and there are so many of them! I would totally want one for my living room. Happy Wednesday
    Muah

    ReplyDelete
  14. So..did you take one home? I picked up a carpet last year while in Kashgar, Western China. It is so lovely, it has a pomegranate motif that I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes and yes! Wish I had one of these carpets in my home right now!! The colors are so bold and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm, what a visual treat! A carpet market like that would make trade off my belongings in exchange for at least one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  17. one- no like five maybe! They are gorgeous- Such beautiful craftmanship.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails