Tuesday, April 5, 2011

{ marrakech } ben youssef madrasa

We visited the old Islamic college Ben Youssef Madrasa on our first day in Marrakech. However, first, we got really lost in the souks - welcome to the largest souk of North Africa! (it is really great though!!).

The school was in use from the 14th century to 1960 and has housed more then 900 students. The place is really beautiful, with lovely details of stone carving and mosaics. You can wonder around and look at the tiny rooms which served as dorms for the students back in the days.
















Picture credits also to my boyfriend for all the nice shots of me in the windows!
Gosh, I was in love with those pretty windows!

And next time I need to remember to bring my 18-55 lens; my 24-105 was almost not enough to capture the beauty in a nice wide-angle.

17 comments:

  1. Wow, breathtaking images. The architecture is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am in awe of the beauty of the architecture, the colours and tones! And, an orange toned scarf is must for a place like Morocco...!
    Keep them coming as this is one of dream trips to take.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the details in the tiles and carvings :) Beautiful pictures as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.. those details! And I really like your scarf.. it fit perfectly with the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If my school had looked like that I probably would never have gotten anything done! That is so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beautiful! I love the architecture and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore the tile on the bottom half of the walls. What a beautiful place to take photos.

    * Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just visited in october and feel in love with the architecture! lovely photos

    www.lovelyinfluence.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. What an amazingly gorgeous building! The colors... I really hope I get to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow. the colorful mosaics + decorative windows are so pretty. And I agree, your scarf fits in perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow das sind so tolle Fotos von einem tollen Land. Die Fenster haben es mir auch angetan. Einfach nur schön. Das letzte Foto finde ich fantastisch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shots as usual. I've always wanted to visit Marrakech for the great picture opportunities (but not only)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shots Kristina. Reminds me of Granada a bit, which probably isn't much of a surprise and makes me really, really want to visit Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredible images..I totally want to go there now:) Muah, darling

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would LOVE a wide angle lens, so much! and i love seeing you in these pictures, that is you right???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liebe Kristina,
    so schön sind sie, deine Fotos!

    Ich bin richtig begeistert und finde es witzig, wie viele ähnliche Motive wir fotografiert haben. Das vierte Bild dieses Posts habe ich auch ;).

    Liebe Grüße, Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails