Monday, April 18, 2011

{ marrakech } bahia palace

The Bahia Palace is a wonderful palace set in a garden in the South of the Medina. The palace was built in the late 19th century for the Sultan, his family and his extensive harem.


The level of details is breathtaking.
Wood carving, ceiling paintings, the orange trees in the court yard.


Capturing reflections.


Look at those ceilings, amazing, right?


I am so becoming a lover of photographing details... paint. tiles. decor. flowers. anything.



A wonderful and peaceful place, definitely one of my favorite places in Marrakech.
And sooo pretty, right?

---
So, I have returned from Moscow. Russia is really one crazy place. I wiill share some pictures soon. Also picked up my two film rolls this morning: I am so happy, only about 10 pictures of 72 turned out either white or black. Good ratio, right?
Have a lovely short Easter week, I am sooooo looking foward to return home to Germany on Friday and spent a lovely weekend with my oldest and dearest friends!! *K

13 comments:

  1. That's such a great post.

    Your detail shot is wonderful. Those tones are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad that the first thing i saw up on my dashboard was your post.
    beautiful pictures as always, nothing else i can say beside i really want to travel around the world like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful Easter. Your photos of the medina create such a beautiful and peaceful atmosphere. Must have been so lovely to live here once upon a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your pictures definitely gives me the travel bug. =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would love to have an orange tree right out my window! how amazing would that be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Klasse Fotos. Die Plätze/Räume strahlen so viel Ruhe aus. Und Kühle - draußen die Wüste, der Wind pfeifft und dann die Oase.
    Wobei auf einem Bild sieht man viele Touristen - ich nehme an, ein gut besuchter Ort?

    Ich wünsche dir schöne Ostern und ein gelungenes Wochenende hier in Deutschland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous photos! And those ceilings? WOW!!

    Happy Monday Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so completely gorgeous. Thank you for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the carved wood is amazing! And I love your detailed pics :) :)
    and yah...can't wait for our meetup, we need to get eva in on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..the ceilings and all the details are beathtaking and really incredible. The whole place gives a wonderful vibe and I truly need to book a trip there sometime soon. Thanks for always making me smile with your amazing adventures:) Happy Tuesday, sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my AMAZING! I just found your blog! I seriously NEED to travel! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your photos are beautiful! i would love to go to Morocco, definitely on my 'to visit' list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful PICTURES!
    Hi! my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want... follow me!!! ^^
    kisses
    marti
    Glamour Marmalade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails