Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 - the best of it

2010 has been a good year. I was lucky to have been able to travel quite often, one of the things I love most. Living in the heart of Europe gives me the opportunity to take wonderful weekend trips; working in an international environment sometimes enables me to combine business with leisure (wish it would be more). And 5 weeks of vacation do the rest! :)
I am grateful for that and enjoy every minute of it!

I have been visiting really nice places this past year and as I was rumbling through my posts, looking at all the pictures I have took along the way, I thought it would be nice to do a small 2010-sum-up and chose my most favorite 5 places of 2010.

So, here we go:

#5 -- Dubai

Especially this gallery in the old Bastakiya Quarter of Dubai stole me heart. Such a beauty!





#4 -- Costa Rica

Rumbling through a country full of amazing nature, animals, volcanos, beautiful beaches and lovely people.






#3 -- Cappadocia, Turkey

Fairytale landscape, wonderful food and great hikes after hitting the streets of Istanbul.






#2 -- Venice

What to say about Venice? It is probably one of the most beautiful places on earth. Magical.






#1 -- Provence

I did not expect much, but I was blown away. Beauty whereever you look. Amazing.
Everybody needs to visit once - at least.







There were so many other wonderful places such as Vienna, Athens, Istanbul, more lovely places in Switzerland, France and Germany. I hope 2011 will be also a great year of travel and full of opportunities to take photographs. And for sure a year of health, joy, happiness and good fortune!

Thanks for all your comments, emails and clicks the past year - I appreciate every single one!
Happy new year to all of you! See you in 2011!

10 comments:

  1. Guten Rutsch ins neue jahr! Looking forward to seeing more of your adventures next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've passed a great year
    I live in Venice ;)
    what a coincidence


    Happy new years!
    http://fedulab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of the girl in the alley with the door in the foreground. Beautiful! Saw this site on SS. Thanks for sharing, I am glad I clicked your link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great captures! Looks like a very good year indeed... Hope the New Year is good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, tolle Fotos - tolle Reisen!
    Dir ein gl├╝ckliches neues Jahr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! these pictures are absolutely gorgeous!! i love them!!

    happy new years lovely!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! you're so lucky you can travel so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. as always, beautiful photos! what a great year you've had.

    i am dyyyying to go to provence!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your travel year looks amazing:) I cant get over the first Venice photo...Its so stunning! Have a cozy Tuesday,sweetie. Its freezing here:)
    Muah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh god, Provence takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails