Thursday, November 4, 2010

// foto focus // sylt

The island of Sylt is located in Northern Germany. Sylt is traditionally the island of money and glamour. In the city of Kampen you'll find boutiques from luxury brands and the cars on the streets come right from the production line of Mercedes, Porsche and BMW. Sometimes it feels as the whole German high society (and also all the wanna-be's) meet here over the summer.

However, it is a really beautiful part of this world. If you ever visit this part of Germany, make sure you go! The beaches are endless, the typical beach chairs are so charming and there are great restaurants for fresh fish and mussels. Luckily I had to go to Sylt for business, so me and my colleague enjoyed a wonderful dinner and a short stroll along this beautiful beach!

I promised to return- there are enough camp grounds on the island suitable for people who only drive a VW.












Copyright all on me.

9 comments:

  1. ich finde die strandkörbe immer so toll!r

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading our Germany guide book on the way home from our trip - and wondering out loud to Mark why I never hear of the coasts of Germany! To be honest and embarrass myself, i didn't even know it had a shore! Now I want to visit it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea Germany had an island! It looks like a nice place to relax and spend time reading by be the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours of the dunes are so beautiful and those poor little Sandboxes look perfectly lonely there on the beach. Sounds like a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! that first shot is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shame on no Heidelberg!! ;) Germany is totally fascinating me now...i cant' wait to visit other towns like Frankfurt, Stuttgart, etc. We went to Munich last christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these photos! They are so eerie but so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, it looks so beautiful and peaceful there. and the seafood sounds excellent! how I miss being near the ocean :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. found you site over misterwong... but one question do you have twitter or facebook, where i can be connected with you blog...? thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails