Tuesday, October 19, 2010

la serenissima - piazza san marco

Piazza San Marco is the touristy heart of the city, featuring attractions like the San Marco Basilika, Campanile (clock-tower), Doge´s Palace and the Cafe Florian (anyone fancy a cappuccino for 11 Euro??).

During the day, this is one of the most croweded places I have been in a long time. At night and in the early morning you more or less of the piazza for yourself, which is beautiful - I definitely promote those time of the day for a visit.

I still do not understand why people would welcome pigeons to sit on their arms, head and backs - but, you will see, many people do... argh, I am not sure how I feel about this... mostly disgusted I guess...












If you wander beyond the Piazza, you will soon find yourself lost in small side streets, mostly undiscovered and empty of tourist. It is worth the walk, believe me!

Copyright all on me.

11 comments:

  1. The little streets are so romantic and charming...Awww
    Hugs and kisses,sweetie
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, I am disgusted by pigeons! I actually have an irrational fear of them. I was screaming at San Marco and people were laughing at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pigeons are so gross! There's a place in San José where people feed them, so there are hundreds and the children play with them. It's disgusting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW the bird ones are so cool :) thanks for letting me use your pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHHH, I love your blog and this post is fantastic. I have been there. Isnt it incredible? :-)))
    I hope to see you at EL Vintage. xx Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get why people want to be in contact with pigeons either- they're full of germs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely keep you informed. Doing two shoots this next Saturday so fun! xx Emily from EL Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are magical! What an amazing place! But if I ever go, I'll make sure to bring my own coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful architecture... The one of the hallway is great, very well captured!!
    Have a lovely day:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, my name is Erica and I live in Italy; I've found your pics so beautiful, so lovely. I love Venice and I'm very lucky to live just one hour travel to Venice.
    Your blog is very nice, it's a pleasure to have met you! see you soon, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I love Venice. I hope to go back one day soon. You really have a fantastic eye for photography. I am just loving all of your posts!

    Natalie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails