Monday, August 30, 2010

{perfect weekend hideaway} - lago di como

The weather forecast for the weekend was a mixture of rain, wind and chilly, fall-like temperatures, so we decided to spent the weekend in the Southern Switzerland and Italy, where the sun always seems to shine...

Turns out it was a great idea, despite the heavy traffic, which ruined a bit of the fun.
Saturday we did quite some factorystore and outlet shopping, also stocking up on yummy Amarettinos, Italian parmesan cheese and whine. Sooooo good! Sunday we moved further and toured a bit around the Lago di Como. What a gorgeous place!


I have read on the web that Bellagio was the nicest town at the Lago di Como, so we headed there.... Very cute place, with amazing and breathtaking villas and very good Pizza!















To get back to Switzerland we took the car ferry from Bellagio to Cadenabbia (15 EUR for 2 person plus car) and then took a shortcut through the mountains back to Lugano.

The short ride of the ferry offers stunning views of the lake and the breathtaking villas on both sides. I heard especially Villa Metzi and Villa Carlotta are known for their beautiful gardens!




Ahhh, I just love Italy. The sun, the light, the food and the people - always great to be back!



Copyright all on me.

7 comments:

  1. That totally made me want to pack my bags and go to this little amazing place:)
    I love Italy, the food and the people:)
    You are such an inspiration for travel:)
    I adore your photos and your posts:)
    happy Monday,sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo i love ticino and have always wanted to explore around lake como!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a good idea to venture to the otherside of the Alps. Nothing but rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LUGANO. truly it is one of my favorite places on the planet. And it's ALWAYS sunny there. we've got to get back there! Beautiful photos Kristina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I'm dying to go to Como for some time now...
    xxx
    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    P.S: Come and join my IHOD Jewelry/Accessories giveaway!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful photos! Your trip look memorable and very peaceful and fun, thanks for sharing such great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I dream of going back there! Lovely photos. Alas, I was there in 2003 (pre-DSLR days) so I only have memories, no photographic evidence, of Bellagio.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails