Thursday, July 22, 2010

// foto focus // hoi an - daylight

Lovely little Hoi An was one of my highlights of our tour through Vietnam last December. Located 30 km south of Danang, it is one of the few Vietnamese towns that was not bombed to the ground during the war.
So nowadays the charming town features old french architecture, lovely cafes, restaurants and bakeries and amazing little shops. Loved it there! Another plus is that the ocean and the beach is nearby and easily reachable by bike.

Surrounded by lush rice paddies, small local villages and vegetable farms it is a great day trip to hire a scooter and just stumble through the neighborhoods - you will not be disappointed by the charme of Hoi An.























Copyright all on me.

8 comments:

  1. I am so in love with this place...It really looks so magical and lovely:)Ahhh those boats are so cool:)

    Kisses,sweetie:)

    Ps: I hope you had a chance to enter my GIVEAWAY already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Vietnam but I'm sorry (for myself) that I missed Hoi An! Now I'm mad at myself! Such a gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I've always wanted to go to Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE these pictures.
    why can't canada look like this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are lovely! After hearing so much about Hoi An, I'm finally heading there myself in 2 weeks - your pictures are great previews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have traveled many places around SE Asia, but never made it to Vietnam. I have heard such good things about Hoi An, and these pictures reinforce my desire to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're having to decide Hoi An or Luang Prabang at Christmas. So far I think we're going to LP but your photos make me wonder if that's the right decision! Love your blog, BTW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
If you have any question, please drop me a note at kristinablogs@gmail.com.

Have a look at

Related Posts with Thumbnails